Give a Little Love to a River Today!
Rivers are at the heart of most communities, as water is essential to life. Rivers have served our communities for over a century – providing drinking water, electricity, transportation, assimilation of wastewater effluent, and they continue to be a rich source of food and recreation. Give back to your local river, stream or lake today:
- Pick up stream and shoreline garbage and dispose of it properly
- Maintain a natural buffer along your shoreline
- Ensure your septic system is properly maintained
- Alert ORA to development that places rivers at risk
- Support the removal of old, unsafe or unnecessary dams
- Donate now to support ORA’s mission to protect, conserve and restore Ontario freshwater ecosystems
Your generous donations go towards ORA’s administrative expenses, expert consultants, and assists in our work to protect, conserve and restore
Ontario riverine ecosystems to their natural health and beauty.
If you would like to become a member of the Ontario Rivers Alliance to support our initiatives, then we invite you to click the link below. The strength and effectiveness of the ORA depends on the involvement of our membership and supporters. We have a big job ahead of us and would welcome your involvement and help!
- Opportunities to take actions that make a difference;
- E-news updates about challenges and concerns that place rivers at risk;
- Notification of events, meetings, speakers, and issues;
- Voting rights at Annual General Meeting;
- A supportive community committed to helping one another in their river challenges, through problem solving, information sharing, planning and collaboration; and
- The satisfaction of knowing you are helping to protect, conserve and restore riverine ecosystems.
Join or renew your membership today!Success!
Groups or organizations can join the ORA family for $100 per year.
Individuals can become an ORA member for $25 per year.
Memberships must be renewed annually and covers from November 1st to October 31st.
Join or pay for your annual membership through
the convenient and secure Membership Gateway:
Your membership application is complete!
Now, let's take care of your secure payment!
Secure Payment Gateway
The quickest and easiest way to pay
your membership fees.
Other Payment Options
e-Transfer to: email@example.com
Cheque payable to:
Ontario Rivers Alliance
379 Ronka Road
Worthington, ON P0M3H0
Ontario Rivers Alliance (ORA) is concerned with all issues affecting Ontario rivers and their connecting wetlands, creeks, springs, lakes and their shorelines, habitat, fisheries, and the biodiversity of aquatic life.
One of ORA’s strategies in addressing some of the more immediate and pressing issues Ontario rivers are facing is to send petitions to our government representatives to request action on issues of concern.
Volunteering is an excellent way to contribute to our organization. If you are concerned about the health and well-being of our lakes and rivers, then please consider donating some time to helping us reach our goals.
If you are an environmental lawyer, hydraulic engineer, web designer, political consultant, or have some other skill which might be of benefit to this community, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay informed with our quarterly River Run E-newsletter. Check out our past issues below:
2021 – February River Run E-News
2020 – September River Run E-News
2020 – May River Run E-News
2020 – January River Run E-News
2019 – July River Run E-News
2019 – February River Run E-News
2018 – June River Run E-News
2018 – January River Run E-News
2017 – June – River Run E-News
2016 – December – River Run E-News
2016 – July – River Run E-News
2016 – April – River Run E-News
2015 – November – River Run E-News
2015 – July – River Run E-News
2015 – January – River Run E-News
2014 – October – River Run E-News
2014 – June – River Run E-News
2014 – March – River Run E-News